OpenShot 3.1.1 Released | Improved Tracker & Object Detection, Bug Fixes & Quality-of-Life Improvements
Written by Releases.on in
Download OpenShot Video Editor 3.1.1 - now with improved stability and quality-of-life improvements!
Highlights & Features:
- Fixes and Improvements to
Object Detectioneffects (fix property editing, prevent crashes, removed black background)
- Fixes to
Parentproperty (simplify context menus, a single
Noneoption, include thumbnail images)
- Prevent freeze on launch (when OpenShot's sample rate does not match the default Windows sample rate)
- Adding Profile Search button to Preferences (for easier filtering and searching for a default profile)
- Fix duplicate Profile name bug (causing an issue when exporting and re-opening a project with certain duplicate profile names)
- Protect timeline (webview) from receiving lots of unneeded messages from libopenshot (prevents crash in certain cases)
- Improved caching logic around Property Editor (better performance while adjusting clip properties)
- Fix large memory leak in
Clip::Close()method (not correctly clearing Clip cache)
- Prevent crash on
timeline::SetCache(adding thread lock)
- Adding additional logging around audio device detection and initialization
- Allow audio-only clips to be transparent (revealing the video/image of clips below them)
- Multiple fixes for WebM decoding (preventing freezes and crashes)
- Fix divide by zero error in
AudioWaveformer(if no amplitude was found)
- Fix GitHub actions to remove Ubuntu 18.04 builder and some additional tweaks to build scripts
- Many small code refactors and fixes to prevent noisy errors (reported by Sentry.io)
- Minimum libopenshot C++ dependency set to
- Updated language translations
- Updated credits and donors
Our goal for the 3.1.1 release of OpenShot was to listen very closely to our user community and their feedback from the 3.1.0 release, and quickly follow-up with a new release of OpenShot. We prioritized this feedback based on how many users each issue affected, and also considered many automated bug reports from Sentry.io.
We fixed many major issues, including crashes, freezes, video compatibility, and broken functionality with our user interface. This entire release cycle took around 14 days, and our entire team worked very hard to make this happen so fast! A big thanks to everyone who helped, especially Raffi, who was instrumental in communicating with our users and advocating for important issues to be resolved.
How to Install OpenShot
Download OpenShot 3.1.1 and follow our step-by-step installation guide.
Your Name in the OpenShot Credits
We would be honored for any donation you can send our way, and in return we will proudly display your name on the openshot.org website and feature your name in the next version of OpenShot (About OpenShot->Credits).
Want to make OpenShot even better? Please consider joining us on our mission, to create the world's best, easiest-to-use, open-source video editor! All volunteers are welcome to join, no coding experience needed. If you are interested, please introduce yourself: email@example.com.
- libopenshot-audio Changelog (Version: 0.3.2, SO: 9)
- libopenshot Changelog (Version: 0.3.2, SO: 25)
- openshot-qt Changelog (Version: 3.1.1)
- Trello Release Board (Additional details, discussions, and comments about 3.1.1 development)