Video Title Editor for Linux!
Skrifað afá .
Here comes the 2nd new feature in our 4 for 4 special, a shiny, new title editor!!! Title editors are an important feature in video editors, but rarely have the power of full-featured vector graphics programs. We've attempted to find a middle ground: a simple title template system (using a standard image format: SVG), with hooks into Inkscape for the advanced editing.
It is tightly integrated into OpenShot, and has the following features:
- 8 initial title templates (more to come later)
- Easily edit the text for line 1 & line 2
- Change font / font color - including alpha
- Change background color - including alpha
- Integration with Inkscape (as the advanced editor)
- All titles are in SVG image format, and are not rasterized
- Solid Color - title with no text - including alpha
- Titles are composited with all other tracks (and seamlessly layer together)
- Titles are added to the "project files" tree
- Drag and drop the titles onto the timeline
- Use the resize tool to resize them
- Easy to add custom title templates (i.e. just drop a SVG file in the /titles/ folder)
This feature comes courtesy of Andy Finch (from the United Kingdom). Andy has been a great help, and is a core member of the OpenShot family. This brings us to our next big feature announcement... Oh yeah, you have to wait until tomorrow night for the next feature. Stay tuned.