What's Next? Stability and Speed!
For anyone wondering what is next for OpenShot Video Editor, here is a post just for you! After the successful launch of version 1.0, we did not waist any time coming up with a plan for our next version.
Version 1.1 is focused primarily on stability and speed. So far we have improved our speed for previewing edits on the timeline over 1300%!
Here are a few things to look forward to in version 1.1:
- Speed Improvements
- Undo / Redo (with History panel):
- Improved Export Screen (now aware of installed codecs)
- Multiple copies of effects can be added to clips:
- Dynamic tiling of overlapping clips (Brady Bunch style):
- Improved Title System
- Improved Timeline Seeking (more accurate)
Our goal is to be the easiest to use video editor on Linux, without sacrificing flexibility and power. While this can be a difficult line to walk, I really think we are on our way to achieving that goal. I hope everyone is as excited as we are about version 1.1, so stay tuned!