Did you find a bug?¶
- Please check if this bug was already reported by searching on GitHub under Issues.
- If you’re unable to find an open issue addressing the problem, open a new one. Be sure to include a title and clear description, as much relevant information as possible, and the steps to reproduce the crash or issue.
- Please attach log files if you are reporting a crash. Otherwise, we will not be able to determine the cause of the crash.
Please download our latest daily installer:¶
- www.openshot.org/download - click the ‘DAILY BUILDS‘ button, then grab the latest build from the list. (Use the buttons below to download installers for a different Operating System.)
- Then enable ‘Debug Mode (Verbose)’ in the Preferences
- Quit OpenShot and delete both log files:
- Windows: OpenShot stores its logs in your user profile
- Linux/MacOS: OpenShot stores its logs in your home directory
- Windows: OpenShot stores its logs in your user profile directory (
- Re-launch OpenShot and trigger the crash as quickly as possible (to keep the log files small)
- Attach both log files
Did you write a patch that fixes a bug?¶
- Open a new GitHub pull request with the patch.
- Ensure the PR description clearly describes the problem and solution. Include the relevant issue number if applicable.
- Before submitting, please ensure your PR passes all build / compilation / and unit tests.
OpenShot Video Editor is a volunteer effort, and a labor of love. Please be patient with any issues you find, and feel free to get involved and help us fix them!